Saturday, December 29, 2012

And He Look At Me.

Hello,
My name is...
This is a writer cum readers den...


Sitting in a fluffy Italian leathered cushion chair at the "swe bar" relaxing with a bottle of wine and reminisce on my activity for the day...

It has actually been a long day for me, couple of meetings, Lagos traffic, the small fight at the office with my partner/consultant, huh! The telephone conversation with my mum - wish I hadn't called her.

This is the only thing I can do for now to give me some sort of me time and sanity. To think that the bouncer almost didn't let me come in... Humph!

Today being a wednesday I can't be allowed into the bar wearing a sandal it has to be a stilettos or some form of high heal shoes. Having removed mine because of the distance from where I packed my car. I talked my way through and I was admitted in.

There was a bevy of ladies sitting from across My seat; the bohemian looking gal among them summon d
The bartender and ask for a karaoke; celine dion's "TO LOVE U MORE." I love this song all I can do is to hum and nod my head while they do their sing along.

The straight faced among them point towards me and asked me to join them, I gladly did as I really need the company.

Few minutes into it am enjoying myself and catching the fun of my life. Oh! How I feel like living here forever, silly me.

Later after our karaoke section we introduced ourselves and get acquitted.

The girls are: Lara, Lola, Lafe and Lade wao..... Are surprised? So was I.

I was wondering why four friends has same alphabet as the first letter of their names.

Jokingly I asked ' can I be admitted in to your group? Obviously I don't have the criteria'

They all laugh, I introduced myself and the light of our friendship was ignited and I wonder if it will ever be extinguished.

They are all married or been married, with kids and without, in love and without, want to be loved and doesn't. They are your everyday women or ladies.

we continued our night out without worries in the world at least for that moment.

The magnifying thing about the bar is that there is always a new thing going on.

That night; an out of towner - a poet was the guest as he took his seat on the stage, I was mesmerised by his height, the elegance at which he carried himself.

He sat on the mahogany long legged stool; hold the microphone. In a way that makes me feel he his holding my wrist in a way you would if you want to give a kiss on the hand.

I don't know about the 4l's(an acronym I eventual gave the girls) but I was carried away, floating in the rhythm of his poems.

I looked up, our eyes met I wanted to look away but he smiled at me in a way that give me assurance that all my worries has been taken away.

He never took his eyes away from me, pouring out his mind with his love poem... In my euphoria mood and state I believed he was talking to me. My eyes were gazed unto him and I wasn't hearing the poem anymore there and then I felt his hands resting on my laps and I looked into his eyes I saw all the love and emotions I have fantasised about.

Thanks to lade who jerked me back to life. "What are you thinking of girl?' She says. I smiled pretends as if nothing happened.

My poet has just finished reciting his poem, he stood up walk towards our seat, I was elated with joy; but then he walked past us, but of cause he waved at us.

What a night this had been for me what was I thinking? I checked my wrist watch and it almost 9pm! OMG! I am suppose to be at home.

We exchanged our contacts and promise to do this again; I picked my tote bag, paid my bill drop a tip for the bartender and head towards the car park.

As I try to open my car door I heard steps behind me I turn back and.....

No comments:

Post a Comment