Monday, February 4, 2013

And He Looked At Me 2

"Hello there," says the stranger. I was startled not because of the stranger walking behind me, but because the stranger was my poet! Remember him?

I stood there looking like a teenager who was in love. I lost all my manners and courtesy. Speechless I couldn't utter a word but nod like the proverbial agama lizard.

He snap his finger while waving just like waking me back to life from a trance.

"Hello dear, I couldn't but noticed you back there. Are you also a poet?"

In a soft lifeless voice, I fight for strength within me to speak. I finally said

"Hello to you too, no I am not a poet but I am a lover of art, literature and music."

"Listening to you back then you remind me of a bar I visited when I travelled to Nice Paris."

Instantly I added
"Sir; I will like to continue this talk but I have to go home now"

Trying all I could to fake being in a hurry and not in mood for chatting, I looked at my watch, opened my car and started the ignition. At this point he moved closer and said

" I won't be in your way ma'am, it's my pleasure having this chat"

"Good night ma'am"

He turned and leave.

Ma'am?! Ma'am?!

What! Why is he addressing me like an old feeble lady!
I was mad, furious and annoyed.

Not that I expected more, but common! I am a lady! A sexy, intelligent and independent woman if I may add.

I am not patronising myself but with all the chemistry that I thought ran in between us I was expecting few minutes of romantic get-away.

In my state of emotional furore I drove out of the Onikan area on the island towards my home in yaba mainland. The traffic was light so I drove on 220km.

Immediately I drove in through the gate I noticed my partner was at home. I am not ready for anymore confrontation. I entered the kitchen, with the dishes in the dishwasher it's obvious dinner had been served. I made a glass of Chardonnay for myself, go into my room, changed for a warm bath and fantasised.

FANTASY: {unreal imaginative conception.}

So many thing I wish to do in reality and I couldn't, I accomplish them in my fantasy.

Fantasy is healthy and therapeutic, {you should try it}

As time goes by I will let you into my world of fantasies!

Lying there in my bath tub I felt the hand of my poet in my upper thigh, then I open my eyes and saw him lying with me in the tub, we both sip our Chardonnay. I dived to his side and he started parting my wet hair backwards with his hand on my upper thigh I was relaxed like I never did before. Lifting up my face he looked down on me and I was mesmerised; as he was about to kiss me something kicked me back to reality.

Oh!! Not again! It was PHCN as usual - the power is out! This time I was furious as I wish to continue to live in my fantasy!

Something happened to me that night, something I have never felt in ages, something I cherished, something every woman wanted. Hmm. You want to know what? xoxo


I received a call the following morning from Lade, {one of the 4l's}

'Hello gurl, how was your night?' Sing song Lade

'I am good, how are you too?' I replied.

Obviously she noticed all that transpired yesterday and she called to get the 411.

"Nothing happened, we both went our separate ways, moreover he is married" I announced to her.

"And so being married doesn't mean anything this days,lots of married couple had a fling or two" she queried.

"Haba Lade! Marriage is sacred and lots of people still respect the vows and their union irrespective of the situation"

Without finishing my last sentence she cuts me in
"Whatever girlfriend, you are free to believe what you want; as for me what matter is what make me, myself and I happy"

Lade - a divorced single mother {I will let you into her life later}

We say goodbyes and promise to meet sometime later

I buried myself into work for the rest of the day

As with every employer; immediately the lunch hour is over the clock is checked every nano seconds. I was in a mood to get with and get home, as I picked my brief case arranged all my corporate belongings the desk phone in my office start to ring thinking it might be a client I wouldn't want to speak with I ask my secretary to pick it and I dashed out of the office.

As I drove out of the garage my phone ring it's my secretary and still to avoid any late our. Assignment I ignore it only for to send me a text message that reads

"A Mr Poet called and ask to be put through to you; he waited online for 30m minutes while I called; he said to say 'He won't bother again'"

I looked at my phone just like an object I will like to throw away or keep.

Won't bother again??

Then my phone starts to ring again...

No comments:

Post a Comment