Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hello? Hello?
Then I heard the engaged sound. Ok whoever that is I am not in the mood for games. I drove out towards the slowly moving traffic. Eventually the traffic thickens and it gave me time to reminisce and think about the past few days and of course my life.

In disguise of not diving into certain areas of my life, I tuned my radio to "classic FM" my fav of all time and then the on air presenter starts talking about Valentine! Wao just like that, we are in the supposedly month of love. Yes I do believe in love and wish to experience true love. The my prince in charming armour kind of love.

February 14th celebrated all over the world for love. I don't think I have ever experience a romantic valentine, either the Romeo is busy or don't believe in it. A friend of mine once told me it's a lie that it is either the Romeo is somewhere else with another Juliet. Anyway I haven't had a romantic valentine period.

My phone rang again, but now am driving and the caller gets my voice mail. The caller didn't leave a message.

It got me thinking who is calling me?

I looked at my phone every nano-seconds praying it rings again and when it does the caller should at least speak.

I got home do my daily rituals and decide to have an early night. With my I Pod I climb unto my bed and decided to listen to Kenny Rogers all night.

Then my phone rang again, this time I picked it shaking and shivering why I don't know.

"Hello,"
says the baritone voice
"I know you are there but please scan this call, just listen and don't utter a word, my name is vole; I am actually a messenger."

Then silence. As I wanted to say hello at least to know if the caller is still there then he continued

"Ok it's will be at JADE at 1900 a day to the last day of work days in this week, when he/she asked; the password it's SONNET"

"Do have a restful night"

Then the call ended.

I was astonished as well as confused. Astonished because I was caught unawares confused because I know it's a puzzle and a shocker awaits me.

It's so ironic because what I had was a restless night. I roll from on side of my large bed to the other side.

I started thinking loud.
"I need to talk to some one, I need to solve this puzzle.

If I make a call through to Lade she will quickly add one and two together so I decide to do this all by myself.

I started to repeat the word over and over again in my head.

"Think think think, what, who or where is JADE?

1900? Oh! I get this it's the military way of saying the time in a 24 hours way. 1900 mean 7 pm ok, the day to the last day of the working days will be... Thursday at least I solved two. So who, what or where is JADE.

To solve my remaining mystery I decided to go to bed and sleep over it.

"Good morning ma." Says my secretary as I walked briskly to the office the following morning.

"Morning how are you?" I responded as she try to utter another word I cut her in and said.

"I got your message yesterday never mind, I believe it is a wrong caller or someone trying to play some pranks"

As always with her she still chipped in something.
"It's Valentine season ma, someone my just be..."

I looked at her and ignored her completely just as if she wasn't talking to me.

I entered my office, sit down sip the already waiting pipping hot coffee and open the desk calendar on my table, let see what date is Thursday...

As heaven will have it I was shocked to my very foundation. Thursday is 14th of Feb - Valentine's day!

"What is happening to me? And who is playing this game?"

"And where, who or what exactly is JADE. Is it a name of a place? Person? Or even something?"

"I must find out"

After hours of research I find out what JADE is and really how stupid of me not to get it, or was I too carried away?

JADE is a Chinese restaurant in the heart of Victoria Island.

So now I get it it's a date with a mystery man on valentine's day...

Well well well do I look forward to it? Or should I say are you looking forward to hear what will transpires?

From the depth of my heart I say...

HAPPY VALENTINE TO YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment